Can Google Really Help Generate New Patients
As a new medical practice is launched, or as an existing practice needs to expand, one of the most important tasks is to gain new patients. Promoting your medical practice using the newest online marketing tools can help with new patient generation.
One of the best online marketing tools available is search engine marketing. Search engine web sites such as Google, Bing, Yahoo and others are used extensively by all types of people for all types of reasons. Some of those searches include potential patients looking for your type of medical practice.
For new patient generation, here are some key steps to use Google and search engine marketing with your medical practice:
- Develop your target patient profile – based on the types of patients you prefer to serve, create a profile that includes desired medical procedures, income level, geographic area and other demographics.
- Build a list of keywords and phrases that your target patients would most likely use to find your medical practice. While some of the terms might be obvious, others may include slang or abbreviations. With help from some Google Analytics tools you can identify the most likely search engine optimization (SEO) keywords.
- Apply the SEO terms to your online presence – modify your medical practice web site to use the SEO terms. Also use the terms in other online communications including social media, blogs, e-books, email newsletters and others.
- Monitor the SEO results – use the analytics tools to monitor the effectiveness of your SEO strategy. You should see increases in visitors and in qualified leads which will help improve conversion to patients.
- Tune and adjust as necessary – routinely review your keywords and determine if additional terms should be added or others removed. This will continuously improve your search rankings so that when potential patients use those search terms your medical practice will be among the top in the results listings.
Consider working with a search engine marketing firm that specializes in patient generation to get the best return on your marketing investment. For more information please call us directly or click the button below and we will contact you. Thank you.