And Why Do I Need To Do It?
Organic search marketing, where all clicks are free, is the first step in conversion marketing. This accounts for about 80-85% of all clicks of any given search. That is, converting a searcher to a visitor. This is also the most important marketing effort a small or medium business can make.
When you do a search in a search engine (like Google), the search engine only knows 2 pieces of information:
- The keyword/s you entered.
- Your location indicated by your IP address - Once you hit enter, 2 kinds of results populate - PPC (sponsored results) and organic results. Given the little bit of information the search engine algorithm knows, it populates what it deems the most relevant results.
Each keyword is unique and has 3 important statistics for any marketer:
- The search volume for that keyword.
- The difficulty score, which is an indication of competition.
- Your website's current rank for that keyword - the most common mistake people make is looking only at search volume and trying to come up on the first page for a term it realistically probably never can.
What separates us at Seldon Marketing are our tactics of being really attracted to low volume, high quality, longer tail words that can get you instantly ranking on page 1.